Monday, August 01, 2005

Recipe & Review: Chicken Fried Steak


Also on my Tivo Top Ten List, the recent episode of "Truck Stop Classics" on America's Test Kitchen, featured a Chicken Fried Steak recipe I've been wanting to make ever since I watched it. In this episode, the lovely Julia demonstrates how to make some of the best chicken fried steak I've ever had.

The steak is tender with a great crispy crust and the homemade gravy is equally as delicious and the two pair very well in this classic southern dish.

There are a few steps involved and you can probably still catch this episode in repeat as of this writing, as it's worth watching. Coconut cream pie, which looked amazing, finishes off the show.

This recipe is currently availabe on America's Test Kitchen website. They do require you to register, free of charge, to view the recipes of the current season. The printed recipe from the website provides great instructions.

It has definitly found a place in my recipe repertoire. I'm already planning on making this for our friends, Steve & Brent, as this is something I think they will really enjoy! That tells you just how good it was since I want to serve this to our friends for dinner!

I was bummed I didn't haven't the digital camera handy when I made it tonight for dinner as it got very high marks at the dinner table! (I was even making yummy noises) Next Time!

Thank You, America's Test Kitchen, for giving us a great way to make some really good down-home Chicken Fried Steak!! Definitly was worth the effort!

Wednesday, August 3, 2005 - Made this again for dinner for Stevie and Dee... here's the pic!

No comments: