Thursday, October 06, 2005

Flaxseed-Peanut Butter-Low Carb

While picking up a few items in Sam's Club yesterday, I came across a new product from The Peanut Snack Co.: Naturally More; What Peanut Butter Should Be. As I picked up the jar and started reading the label, a very nice employee of Sam's asked me if I would like to try a sample. It was delicious. Great flavor and I loved the texture. I was sold!

What had initially caught my eye that it is a "natural" peanut butter. Since we've moved to Tampa I have been unable to find Crazy Richard's Peanut Butter which only ingredient is Peanuts. There are similar products out on the market, but the texture and taste just isn't the same. I do have a jar of "low-carb" peanut butter that serves in a pinch, but it isn't my favorite.

The second item that grabbed my attention is that it is fortified with Flaxseed and Flaxseed oil.

This is the first product on the market that I've seen, without going into a health food store, that contains Flaxseed! Three Cheers to The Peanut Snack Company for this wonderful and healthy product.

It came in two-pack of one pound jars each and it cost $4.64, which I thought was a great price!

Here's the breakdown and check their website out for additional information:

Serving Size: about 2 tbsp (35g/1.23oz)
Serving Per container: about 13
Calories: 169
Fat Calories: 98
Total Fat: 11 G 19%
Sat. Fat 2g 9%
Omega-3 4.1g 8%
Omega-6 1.2g 1%
Cholest. 0 mg
Sodium 130mg
Total Carbs: 8g 3%
Dietary Fiber: 4g 16%
Sugars: 2g
Protein: 10g 26%
Iron: 4%
Folic Acid: 58%
Riboflavin: 1%
Niacin: 11%
Vitamin E: 5%

Ingredients: Roasted Peanuts, Egg Whites, Wheat Germ, Flaxseed, Flax Oil, Honey, Salt

All Ingredients Proudly Grown in the U.S.A.
Website: http://www.peanutsnack.com

No comments: