Friday, October 07, 2005

A Magazine Favorite: Cook's Illustrated

The companion magazine to the televison show, America's Test Kitchen, is published bi-monthly and I always look forward to every issue. It's one of those magazines that I take the time to actually sit down to read AND enjoy.

First and foremost... there are NO advertisements!! Can't say enough about that! Ok.. one more time... NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Christpher Kimball's editorial usually brings a warm smile to my face as he shares the current happenings of the season.

The next couple of pages are filled with Notes From Readers and Quick Tips. Can I tell you how much I learn from these pages? Ok I will... the facts, tips, advice, experiences that are published are practical ideas that one can incorporate into every day kitchen life.

The remaing pages are filled with recipes, recipe make-overs, improvements and tests, equipment testing results, step-by-step instructions as well techniques and "Cook's extra" which allows you to key in codes that are valid for a certain period of time. An expiration date is listed.

A smile always appears on my face when it arrives in the mail. I know it's going to bring me together with a delicious cup of coffee or tea. Maybe I should do that more often... guess it's time to subscribe to it's sister magazine... Cook's Country....

No comments: